Choosing a realtor requires a bit of work because you have to understand early on that this is a relationship you are entering into that could last years. Depending on the housing market, you may sell the house in days or years, so you want to be working with a real estate professional that will have your best interests at heart. Recently our work with Premier One Charleston SC, gave us more insight into the real estate broker process. Feel free to visit them for Charleston SC real estate.
Consider these 5 tips for how to choose a realtor that is right for you and your family.
1. Call the Office – Put in a call to the local real estate office and inquire about who is the busiest realtor in that office. This is the person you want to be working with because they are busy for a reason. A busy realtor is working around the clock because of all the referrals and hustling they do each day.
2. Check Social Media – Check the social media profile pages of any realtors you have on your list. Take a close look and you will see impartial third-party customers who either rant or rave about their experience. There is a wealth of information here for you to utilize.
3. Join Groups – There are plenty of Facebook groups in your community that are focused on real estate. Here is where you can ask questions, interact with realtors, and get some help in choosing the best realtor for your specific situation. Don’t be afraid to post a message for help, plenty of residents and realtors will reply to your concerns.
4. Ask Neighbors – Chances are pretty goo someone you know in your neighborhood has bought or sold their house with the help of a local realtor. Ask them if they would recommend the realtor and why. Not only can you find a great professional to work with, many times the realtor will give referral money to those who pass the word about them.
5. Visit Their Website – Grab one of those local home magazines packed with houses for sale, there are tons of realtors advertising their websites in those free publications. Visit the websites and gather information that will help you make an informed decision. Reach out via e-mail with questions and see which realtors responded in a timely manner and took the time to address all your concerns.
These 5 tips for how to choose a realtor should put you in the perfect position to be working long-term with the best person for you. This business is all about relationships, you wan to be working with someone you like personally and professionally.